(Scroll down for download instructions and links to additional forms)
Do your taxes online, for free: Tired of forms, schedules, and number-crunching? If you want to avoid costly mistakes, while at the same time taking advantage of all possible credits and deductions, you want to do your taxes online.
H&R Block allows you to work on your return for free, until you file. Work on your federal, state, and small business taxes, and pay nothing until you are satisfied with your return. Start now.
• an income of less than $50,000.
• no itemized deductions
• income sources only from:
- salaries and tips, - interest and dividends, - capital gains distributions, - unemployment compensation, - social security and railroad retirement, - pensions and annuities, - taxable scholarships, and - qualified state tuition plan earnings.
• income adjustments only for:
- IRA contributions - student loan interest.
• other taxes only from:
- advance income credit payments, - recaptured education credits and - alternative minimum tax.
• credits claimed only for:
- child and dependent care expenses, - elderly or disabled, - earned income, - adoption, - child tax, - education, and - additional child tax.
As long as you are not "breaking" any of the above criteria, you may complete form 1040A, or file electronically, and get your refund 2-3 weeks faster.
You may also want to check the filing requirements for form 1040 to insure that you are not required to file that form instead.
To download the form 1040A Instructions Bookletclick here
Additional forms and schedules
Many people who file form 1040a also need to complete additional documents, called schedules, as well as worksheets, to help them with certain calculations. To figure out which schedules you need, consult the main 1040a form, and the form's Instructions Booklet, or simply file electronically.
H&R Block Premium allows you to put away all forms, schedules and worksheets, and instead answer plain-English questions in a simple online questionnaire.
All the calculations are performed for you, and you get the benefit of knowing that all possible credits and deductions are accounted for. Best of all, you can work on your return for free, and pay nothing until you file.
• Step by step interview that walks you through your return
• Automatically fills out form 1040A and all schedules for you
• Get your investment, mortgage, and wage data instantly
• Get the deductions you deserve
• Takes advantage of new tax laws
• Automatically double-checks for overlooked deductions and missed opportunities
• File your state return too!