(Scroll down for download instructions and links to additional forms)
Do your taxes online, for free: Tired of forms, schedules, and number-crunching? If you want to avoid costly mistakes, while at the same time taking advantage of all possible credits and deductions, you want to do your taxes online.
H&R Block allows you to work on your return for free, until you file. Work on your federal, state, and small business taxes, and pay nothing until you are satisfied with your return. Start now.
- self-employment, - rents, - royalties, - state and local income tax refunds, - capital gains, - alimony, or - any other unconventional sources.
• itemized deductions
• income adjustments for:
- alimony paid, - penalty for early savings withdraw, - contribution to Keogh, SEP and SIMPLE plans, - self-employment tax or health insurance, - Medical Saving Account deduction, and - moving expenses.
• taxes from:
- self-employment, - retirement plans, - tax on tips not reported to employer, - uncollected Medicare and social security tax, - lump sum distribution tax, and - household employment tax.
• credits for:
- general business, - foreign tax, - federal tax on fuels, - mortgage interest, and - prior year minimum tax.
• additional taxes, credit or adjustments not listed.
If any of the above criteria apply to you, you must complete form 1040, or file electronically, and get your refund 2-3 weeks faster.
To download the form 1040 Instructions Bookletclick here
Additional forms and schedules
Most people who file form 1040 also need to complete additional documents, called schedules, as well as worksheets, to help them with certain calculations. To figure out which schedules you need, consult the main 1040 form, and the form's Instructions Booklet, or simply file electronically.
• Step by step interview that walks you through your return
• Automatically fills out form 1040 and all schedules for you
• Get your investment, mortgage, and wage data instantly
• Get the deductions you deserve
• Takes advantage of new tax laws
• Automatically double-checks for overlooked deductions and missed opportunities
• File your state return too!