File Your Return
An Easy-to-Use Guide to Taxes
Figuring out your taxes each April (and year-round) can be treacherous: so many rules to know, forms to fill out, and they all change every year! We'll help you through the process by providing simple, plain-English explanations of the most common tax forms, laws, and regulations.
More Guides to Your Taxes
• IRS Tax Forms - Find out which IRS tax forms to file, download any and all forms and publications you might need, and learn more about electronic filing.
• Federal Education Tax Benefits - A guide for students and parents on possible education-related tax savings.
• IRS Audit Advice - What you need to know, and what you should do, if you're unlucky enough to get audited. It happens.
• Capital Gains Tax Laws - Helps you makes sense of this often-mentioned but seldom-understood subject.
• State Income Taxes - Learn about the latest changes in your state's tax code, and get all the forms and info you need to file your state return.